Australian Foundation for the Peoples of Asia and the Pacific (AFAP) - non-profit organization providing development assistance to the countries of Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Established in Australia in 1968 as Foundation for the Peoples of the South Pacific, incorporated in the state of New South Wales in 1983.
The Foundation was founded by Australian actress Elizabeth "Betty" Bryant-Silverstein and her husband, Maurice "Red" Silverstein.
The idea of starting such institution was inspired by Silverstein’s friendship with an Australian Marist priest, Stanley Hosie, well-known for his participation in the Pacific Islands missions in Melanesia and Polynesia.
The strategy of the new non-government organization was developed in 1967 after a consulting visit with to Melanesia and Polynesia, where a nine-volume report of a than Foundation for the Peoples of the South Pacific (FSP) had been elaborated.
- Pacific and East Timor
- Fiji Disaster Preparedness Program
- Kiribati Disaster Preparedness Program
- Papua New Guinea Disaster Preparedness Program
- Samoa Disaster Preparedness Program
- Solomon Islands Regional South Pacific Integrated Development Program, Building Livelihoods, Empowerment and Strategic Sustainability Program, Disaster Preparedness Program, Internally Displaced Person (IDP) Resettlement Program
- East Timor Timor Aid Capacity Building Program, Bairo Pite Clinic
- Tonga Disaster Preparedness Program
- Tuvalu Disaster Preparedness Program
- Vanuatu Disaster Preparedness Program
- Kenya Eastern and Rift Valley Integrated Poverty Reduction Program, Africa Women Program
- Malawi Masasa Integrated Sustainable Livelihoods Project, Kamenyagwaza Livelihood Project
- Mozambique Community Capacity Building Project in Niassa Province
- South Africa
- Zambia Chikuni Home-Based Care Program, Africa Women Program
- Zimbabwe Forest Garden Program, Northeast Integrated Rural Development Program
- South East Asia
- Vietnam Dengue Fever – Innovative Solutions to a Public Health Threat, Integrated Rural Development Program, The Na Ri Integrated Rural Community Development Project, Livelihoods in Environmentally-Fragile Areas Program, Cat Ba National Park Program, Bright Futures and Dong Da Hospital – HIV/AIDS Support and Advocacy Group, Australian/Vietnam Scholarship Program
- South Asia
- India Income and Employment Generation through Sustainable Agriculture, Ecotourism, Handmade Paper Unit, Save the River Campaign
- Nepal Tourist Information Centres - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Sermanthang and Salleri, International School Conservation Program, Environmental Awareness Program, International Porter Protection Group Project
- Sri Lanka, Tsunami Relief and Rehabilitation, Coral Reef and Allied Ecosystem Restoration Program
AFAP manages the Australian-Pacific Centre for Emergency and Disaster Information (APCEDI) to make news on natural disasters in the Asia-Pacific region and to help with rapid disaster response assessment.
This article is related to the List of non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
|30px||This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.</span>|